inspired from an article a friend of mine sent me ages ago about wardrobe basics regardless of whats in style. I know there are more, what are YOUR basic, gotta have, can't do without items. Those things that come in handy EVERYWHERE!
I hate clutter - minimalism comes in many forms, aka I never throw out books, it’s just my thing.
here are some things I never travel or go with out. From wardrobe - to laundry, I kept a large farm house clean with this list (as well as myself, well some days that was debatable). Having done a bit of travel as of late, I've also started to realize some essentials that always tend to be my first go to items. Enjoy, and cheers to living a simpler life!
1) Apple Cider Vinegar (health/digestion, cleaning, baking, make sure it’s raw, and you can make your own too, aka simple, accessible - cheap), use on your hair for conditioning, this is also really good for bringing down a fever. (Please do your own research here, don't take my word for it)
2) hydrogen peroxide -disinfects everything...actually everything, some people find it debatable in terms of how it's used in your health. At a very low (30 ppm). I would take a bath in it, it's brilliant for muscle relaxing and also helping you move through a cold or the flu. Also cleaning whites, whitens your teeth if you swish it in your mouth (again LOW concentration).
3) Black tights - bamboo, versatile, thick, breathable, sustainable, durable
4) cowboy boots (or your version)- durable, versatile, classy (when you get the right kind)
5) white t-shirts - bamboo, easy to clean, durable,
6) pearls, amber, and rose quartz- pick your stones, pick your sustainable jewellery, maybe pick it based on healing stone qualities or just what colours look good on you
7) black heels - enough said
8) A good pair of jeans -I wear the shit outta my jeans, I like a little stretch, a nice dark wash, do what suits you, but fit it to the body you have and the lifestyle you have. The link will take you to the directory where there are links for some custom made jeans
9) Yarok mousse- find a way to simplify your hair regime, determine minimal acceptable standard or get ok with rocking the tossled hair look. It’ll make you happier, and what’s better than being exactly you and being ok with being in the skin you were given
10) baking soda - health - hair, teeth, cleaning.. just so much
11) a good sports bra
12) a good non sports bra, nude, fits well, proper padding or lack of (which ever end of the spectrum it fits on, get properly fitted, know your size, then go again and ask someone to fit you, there are lots that do it wrong). I also add in the adjustable, can be worn 100 ways from sunday and still looks good. Also trick, get the bra so it's proper fitting on the LOOSEST setting, and as it stretches out you'll still be able to wear it.
13) essential oils - tea tree oil and lavender for me, air freshener, teeth, relaxation, laundry
14)Dr. Bronners soap - laundry, shower, dishes, floors... concentrated (then dilute and get foaming pumps)
15) a dress that fits you well, that you feel a million bucks in
16) leather jacket
17) scarf - more decorative than practical, but get a colour that looks lovely around your face, highlights your colours, fits into your wardrobe's colour palet
18) jack knife
19) one good book at all times -proper book, in actual book form, real paper made from real trees....
20) PH test strips (always just be checking in, cheap, affordable, easy to transport
21) mascara - good clean, green mascara
22) lip gloss
23) aloe vera for face- the good stuff, not this rubbish stuff that is green. Get a plant, that will hit 2 birds with one stone, clean your air and also firm your face, and heal your burns, and digestive tract
24) mineral makeup
25) coconut oil - oil pulling, health, balms, moisturizing
26) black bamboo tank
27) one good proper sweater - grey wash, hooded, can cozy up in or wear out with jeans, goes with everything.
28) white nail polish, clear nail polish, and remover - and a brush -(self manicure kit)
29) sewing kit... no use in wasting money on replacing buttons on your fav items
30) wrap dress or 50 ways dress
31) little black dress
32) long sleeve t-shirt, neutral
33) Get your colours done - know what colour palet you are working from. It will make your wardrobe choices easier, you won't have to worry about matching, it will generally always go well together.
34) jersey cotton or silk pj’s (black) - black because cleaning, black because... sexy, black because depending on your period, nobody likes a little red polka dotted white nightgown, or a nightgown you can only wear on certain weeks in the month.
35) proper soft bamboo towels
36) house coat - this is super helpful especially when staying at other people's houses, it's not a towel, but it's not clothing, it's also really good for around home, when moving from room to room, or when you're just plain old too lazy to get dressed.
37 ) SOCKS!! if you have cold feet like me, this is essential. I've gotten everything from possum, merino, alpaca, micro fibre... find the socks that work for you.
38) sunglasses - I do the aviator, perfect accessory, better for your eye sight, can frame your face nicely. I don't spend a lot on mine because I tend to sit on them, I've lost a few to the sea, and the lake.. (sorry mother nature, I'm clutzy sometimes)
39) Watch. so you don't have to check your phone and you can sit in the meadow with the cows
40) Biz cards - simple ones that just communicate the essence of you (you never know who you’ll meet)
41) good pair of sexy underwear...
42) diva cup - if you haven't gotten ok with this yet, well... it's your body, it happens every month. Might as well get right up close and personal. It's cheaper, better for the environment, better for your body, also it can be quite worry free... less leaks, less changing, no Toxic Shock Syndrome, no irritation... the list is actually quite extensive
43) micro fiber cloths - face cleaning, sink cleaning, toilet cleaning.. versatile, durable, wash by boiling water, sustainable, just plain old brilliant! Also some of them have silver in them so Anti-bacterial as well!!
44) one good knife - chopping safely and easily is one of the keys to making cooking easier and fun
45) enough elastics for your hair (the good kind)
46) runners - having a good pair of running shoes, will allow you to go for a walk, easily. I like the one's that are more like you are walking on bare feet. I'm all for building neuro pathways to the muscles in your feet. If you want to go fancy and get the toe shoes - rock on sista! Go hard!
47) good pair of shorts and workout top - shorts you feel comfortable in, workout top that fits you well, allows you to move (is not at risk of a wardrobe malfunction), doesn't have to be a fashion show, but you have to feel good in it, and even better if it's machine washable on cold!
48) a little colour in your wardrobe... a tank or a blouse that make you feel amazing
49) a swim suit that makes you feel amazing, fits your body, accentuates and highlights the parts you love. Life is too short to be in your full length maxi dress under the umbrella... see # 23
50) giant water bottle with closing lid... stainless - because water is super important, and having it on hand will allow you to be reminded to drink more often. This can also serve as a vessel for smoothies, or various other drinks. There are bottles that are also for hot drinks. Anytime you can get multiple uses into 1 item. I'm all for that!
1 good simple and impressive recipe to cook for your friends or someone special.
3 meals you won’t get sick of, this is for you. To keep your health up, food doesn't have to be interesting, it needs to be healthy. Don't fret over the making of different things for yourself, get a few good go to's and focus on spicing it up when time and budget allow